Thursday

Giving Thanks for the Kids...







As I am still running around like a turkey with my head cut off I realized I will not only be entertaining adults this thanksgiving, but a few kids as well. As a child I remember being seated at the kids table and being served thanksgiving dinner every year. Wanting to sit next to my mom at the adult table because of how pretty it was always set up.  This year the kids table will be the envy of all adults attending dinner at my house. My brain is telling me if I build it, they will come. Meaning if I load the kids with fun crafts upon crafts they may stay entertained though out dinner. Allowing the children to decorate their own place-mats with crayons is always a fun idea. I love the idea of allowing the children to build the Mayflower from felt sheets, and paper pilgrims will definitely be a show stopper. If you are entertaining kids that are a little older in age, the paper "Thankful" tree is a great centerpiece as well as conversation piece. Blank leaves on the tree for them to write what they are thankful for is a way to get everyone involved in the Thanksgiving spirit. 
Images Courtesy of: Its Written on the WallsDTEKitchen DailyPepper Design

No comments:

Post a Comment