Monday

I'm a Foodie......So Sue Me!!!!!



As an adult I've gained a passion for food that I did not have as a young child. I remember saying "Ew I would never eat that!"and turning my nose up at everything. Now a days it's more like "Why of course I'll try that". I think my love of food came from my love of travel. My dad told me at an early age to get out and see what the world has to offer, and eating what the locals eat is a sign of respect. At the time we were on a family trip in Jamaica. We were parked on the side of the road and my father was buying fresh fish the local kids had caught and cooked themselves. When he turned to show me a whole fish, head, eyes, gills and all; that message went right out the window. The more I traveled the better the food experiences got. Now this lovely little snack here was love at first bite for me. It's a simple sourdough baguette slice covered with goat cheese, red bell peppers and Balsamic vinegar. This was my first time trying them at home, and let me tell you it will not be the last. This simple dish is  great way to hold guest over before the main meal is served at just about any dinner party. Or you can just treat yourself to a nice snack as I did today.

What you will need:
1- loaf sourdough baguette
Crumbled Goat Cheese
Red Bell Peppers
1 bottle of Balsamic Vinegar

How to prepare:
1.Slice baguette into thin slices.
2. Cut up peppers into small slice and saute in olive oil until fully cooked. (add salt and pepper to taste)
3. Spread a thin layer of Goat cheese onto baguette slices.
4. Top with red peppers
5. Finish by drizzling balsamic vinegar on top. ( I used a spray bottle, so I would not over do it.)
6. ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment