Monday

Oh How I Love A Good Bottle of Wine.....








It's crazy what child birth does to a woman's body. Before I gave birth to my son I really could drink with the best of them. Happy hour and taco Tuesdays were the best parts of the week for me. Now, not so much. Hard liquor puts a fear in my heart like no other for a number of reasons. I am now considering myself a bonafide Wino, or Wine lover which ever sounds better to you. My father was a wine lover as well, he had his own makeshift wine cellar in our garage. Funny thing is he wasn't much of a drinker at all. Guess he just loved the thought of having his own cellar. If you are like my father or me for that matter there are a few things to keep in mind if you are becoming a collector or just want to keep a few bottles on hand for special occasions. First you need a fabulous wine rack for storage, be sure to choose one that reflects your personal style. You should always store corked wine bottles on their side label facing up. This helps to keep the air out, if the bottle is stored upright for to long it will cause air to get in and dry the cork out which can also spoil the wine. Label up just because it makes it easier to find what you are looking for. Keep your bottles away from any direct sunlight or fluorescent lights. To much light speeds up the aging process. If at all possible try to keep the temperature consistent. Normally wine should not be stored in temperatures over 74 degrees, at about 75 degrees the wine starts to oxidize. Lastly White wines should be served chilled and Reds at room temperature. Oh cant forget the most important tip: Please remember to drink responsibly for your safety and the safety of others. Drink up!

No comments:

Post a Comment