Friday

Barbie Malibu Dream House


Designer Jonathan Adler really did it with this one. I mean what girl doesn't want to grow up and live in Barbie's Malibu Dream House? As my grandmother would say "Nail, Head" followed by a clap. This room is just spectacular. The combinations of colors and textures just takes my breath away. Key in on the pink poodle against the orange wall in the background. Pure genius I tell you. A lot of people are apprehensive about placing nic-nac's in a space that don't really have a functioning purpose. Some things are just made to be admired, and he has a talent for making beautiful things. I love the sophisticated feel the black and white bring to the room. Most people choose to use one pop color, where as here he uses a variety of colors and it just works really well. How creative is that mirror made of barbie dolls over the fireplace. I wonder if he designed that himself, so over the top and creative all at the same time. Oh Mr. Alder how I love thee let me count the ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment