Friday

Designer Spot Light.....Elaine Griffin








It's still Black History month and I am spot lighting another African American Interior Designer today. Today I would like to Spot light  Elaine Griffin. A Harlem based Interior designer and author of "Design Rule", she rules. A Yale educated native of Georgia she studied postgraduate at New York school of Interior Design. After working as a publicists in New York and Paris for nine years she switched gears and began her career in Interior Design at the office of architectural behemoth Peter. She is ranked as one of House Beautiful's top 100 American Designer. She has also appeared on design segments everywhere from the Today show to ABC's family bachelor pad, she even designed the Good Works Makeover for Oprah's O at Home. With all this work and experience under her belt she opened her own firm in 1999. I ran across a blog entry that Elaine wrote for Home Goods and became an instant fan. I'm dying to get my hands on her book design rules for a few pointers that you would never learn in school. In my eyes she is one of the best designers I have ran across. I'm really intrigued by the colors and textures she uses in her design pallets. Simply Beautiful.


Images courtesy of :Elaine Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment